Pet Care – How to Take Care of Dog Hair and Skin
Knowledge about how to take care of dog hair and skin assist pet owners as there are a variety of dogs with different types of hair coats. They need special grooming and protection against bacterial infection that is possible by means of pet care.
Usually, many pet owners keep dog pets since they enjoy its presence as a companion. Dog care related activities give them pleasure and contentment as it keeps them engaged and busy. However, maintenance of a pet dog is not easy as it involves proper management of dog’s skin troubles.
There are numerous veterinarians that possess specialized expertise on a variety of dog breeds. They provide valuable support on canine protection for preventive skin care practices. It is helpful to hire them as they provide guidance and treatment for allergies, meager diet and parasitic and bacterial infection in dogs. Besides this, they also provide protection for dog hair and skin to keep it shiny.
Why is it Necessary to have a Proper Grooming for Dog Hair and Skin?
Many pet owners do not give much importance to the general well-being of dogs. They have a misconception that it is okay if they keep aside the animal as it is. But the fact is that a dog’s skin is susceptible and fragile. Thus, it needs proper care as their pH is different from a human’s. For this, numerous canine skin care products available in the market or from pet care clinics can be implemented.
How does Dog Hair and Skin can be maintained by means of Canine Care Products?
Dogs need specific skin care products as their skin requirements are very different as compared to humans. A dog’s skin is made up of sebaceous glands that secrete a greasy substance. It helps to strengthen the dog’s hair and protects its skin. Though daily bathing is not recommended, it is useful to scrub down the animal. Ensure that removal of the natural oil should not be often as it makes the dog vulnerable to humidity, powder and other impurities.
Tips to Take Care of Dog Hair and Skin:
- It is very essential to feed your dog a balanced diet, as its hair coat requires certain nutrients to stay healthy.
- Frequent change in diet can be practiced to provide the essential dietary supplements.
- Regular brushing of the dogs is advised as it helps to remove dead hairs and dander, enhances circulation and helps to spread the natural oil produced by the dog’s skin.
- For bathing, most vets suggest only one bath a month, so that the dog’s skin does not dry out, causing hot spots.
- Moderate usage of canine shampoo proves useful as it contains aloe or tea tree oils to provide humidity to the dog’s skin.
- A daily and regular check-up of dog’s skin is a must for external parasites like fleas, ticks and bugs.
- Various spot-on treatments, pills, and sprays available in the market are advised with wise implementation.
- A periodic inspection for hitch hikers-burrs, thistles and fox tails help to avoid fur irritation, hair coat rash and skin eruptions in dogs.
- Well-timed medication and application of canine antibiotics is beneficial for the treatment of cuts or scratches in dogs.
- Immediate treatment and consultation of a veterinarian benefits to control reoccurring problems related with liver, kidney or thyroid gland problems in dogs.
Providing timely care and keeping your dog coat and hair clean helps to maintain a long-time association with the animal. Besides, cuddling, petting, and tickling while grooming helps to establish trust and strengthen the bond with your pet dog.